Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#54672 - 06/20/05 03:15 PM Re: Lip synch feature question
E'pin Sen Ob Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: USA
Kwok C Lau, do you have a sync issue with die another day . I have tried like hell to sync that movie and have had limited success . I am not just talking about a casual try either . I have spent probably a couple hours with this film and never got satisfactory result with it . I usually have the DTS option selected . How about you are you using DD or DTS . I never really tried Dolby Digital guess I will give that a try and see if I have the same problems .

MY HOME THEATER PICTURES http://community.webshots.com/user/bonesnipe

#54673 - 06/20/05 04:41 PM Re: Lip synch feature question
PodBoy Offline
Gunslinger

May I suggest that the best way to see if there is something amiss with the DISC and the way in which the soundtrack is recorded, as opposed to delay that is induced by digital video processing along the line is to play the disc from a DVD player directly to an analog TV, with simple L/R audio connections from the DVD to TV, if possible. See if it is in sync in THAT condition, and then search forward from there for possible places where the delay might be coming from.

If the delay is really bad with one disc in your typical DVD > 990 > Digital Display signal path, but reasonably OK with other discs, the problem may well be in that disc.

Are you seeing (hearing!) that much more delay with this disc? Sounds odd, but anything's possible!

#54674 - 06/20/05 05:12 PM Re: Lip synch feature question
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
PodBoy's test is a good one, and as he suggests it is possible for a disc to be improperly mastered such that a sync error exists on the disc itself. I've heard of this happening, but I don't recall it happening with a major commercial release. There have been studio releases with comparable mastering problems before, of course, but in those cases the studio has typically acknowledged the mistake (usually due to significant internet-based consumer complaint) and re-issued the disc.

#54675 - 06/21/05 08:45 AM Re: Lip synch feature question
Kwok C Lau Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Basking Ridge, NJ,USA
Hi, Folks:
The DVD - Die another day has sych problem on the DTS track, but not the DD track. It is well known after the DVD is out to market. I am using DVI direct btw DVD player/projecter, so it was very clumsy to make synch adjustment without on screen display. I tried several times without sucess. Gonk might be right. The DTS sound track is not matching the video. It is not because of the decoding delay on sound vs video. I wonder if the synch adjustment at 990 can resolve the dvd problem, but it seems not.
Kwok

#54676 - 06/21/05 11:48 AM Re: Lip synch feature question
PodBoy Offline
Gunslinger

Kwok:

It depends totally on the amount that the video has slipped behind the audio. If it is within the range of the 990's correction, fine. If not, out of luck. Remember, however, that if you set an extraordinary amount of delay in for a problem disc such as you describe, you'll have to turn it back down when you go to a "normal" disc or you'll be out of sync in the wrong direction!

#54677 - 06/21/05 12:49 PM Re: Lip synch feature question
Kwok C Lau Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Basking Ridge, NJ,USA
Podboy: 10-4. Tks.

Kwok

#54678 - 06/22/05 11:45 AM Re: Lip synch feature question
E'pin Sen Ob Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: USA
Thanks kwok, I had all but given up on getting the sync right with that film . Least now I know to just use the DD track or deal with the delay . I figured it had to be a problem with the DTS track as no other disc I have has any issue with sync . Thanks again .

MY HOME THEATER PICTURES http://community.webshots.com/user/bonesnipe

#54679 - 06/24/05 11:42 AM Re: Lip synch feature question
Rene Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: So. Cal.
I experienced the same issue with sync on this disc as well on DTS. I'm using the 950, for now, until my 990 comes. Since the introduction of the 950 into my system. I always choose DTS if offered in the disc. I'll have to try the DD on this disc to see about the sync issue.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 290 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
M.Yu 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,328 Topics
98,694 Posts

Most users ever online: 488 @ 06/18/24 10:00 AM