Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#54327 - 05/29/05 10:10 PM Lip Synch Problem
Rapidfire Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Carson, CA
Hello fellow 990 enthusiasts,

Just received and hooked up 990 preamp. It is connected to an Acurus 125x5 Amplifier replacing a Denon 3803 used with pre outs to Acurus.

Setup was easy and my initial impression of the sound is great. Everything works fine including all switching. However, I can't fully test it until I solve a severe lip synch problem.

This lip synch problem is on all video inputs (DirectTivo, JVC DVD player, Samsung HDTV STB).

The video is several ms. ahead of the audio so adjusting the lip synch delay on each input only makes it worse.

Has anyone else had this problem or is there a global setting to correct this? An help will be greatly appreciated.

#54328 - 05/30/05 02:24 AM Re: Lip Synch Problem
PodBoy Offline
Gunslinger

Is the delay the same on all three inputs, and was it there with the Denon? It's rather unlikely that the 990 would cause the audio to lag behind the video, as it is usually video processing that causes things to be the other way around.

What are you using as video connections? I presume component video? As an experiment, try S or composite and see if they delay is still there and still the same.

Most importantly, what is your video display?

There is no currently available consumer product with video delay. That's REALLY expensive to do, and again, it is not something that is generally needed.

#54329 - 05/30/05 11:44 AM Re: Lip Synch Problem
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
I'd suggest giving Outlaw a call tomorrow (I assume they're closed for the holiday today) - the video should not be ahead of the audio.

#54330 - 05/30/05 06:45 PM Re: Lip Synch Problem
Rapidfire Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Podboy:
"What are you using as video connections? I presume component video? As an experiment, try S or composite and see if they delay is still there and still the same.

Most importantly, what is your video display?"

I am using component out of the 990. Only the DirectTivo into the 990 is S-video, the others are DVD Comp and Comp-2 in.

My display is a Mitsubishi 55" CRT RPTV

Gonk:
"I'd suggest giving Outlaw a call tomorrow (I assume they're closed for the holiday today) - the video should not be ahead of the audio."

I'll call Outlaw tomorrow.

Thanks for both of your suggestions.

#54331 - 05/31/05 01:52 AM Re: Lip Synch Problem
PodBoy Offline
Gunslinger

A few more things that might help you to see what is going on:

?? Is the amount of the delay that same from all three sources ??

?? How were these sources connected to the TV before you put in the 990? Did you run any of them through the 3805, or were they all connected directly to the Mits?

This will help drill in to what is going on.

#54332 - 05/31/05 05:47 PM Re: Lip Synch Problem
Rapidfire Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Podboy:
"?? Is the amount of the delay that same from all three sources ??"

Yes it is about the same from all 3 sources.

"?? How were these sources connected to the TV before you put in the 990? Did you run any of them through the 3805, or were they all connected directly to the Mits?"

All 3 of the sources were switched thru the 3803 receiver exactly as they are with the 990 using component monitor out to the TV. There were no lip synch problems with the Denon.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 312 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM