Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#54070 - 05/26/05 11:04 PM Possible problem
readster Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Bartlesville, OK USA
Hey guys, i just rec'd my 990 today, got it all hooked up, when i power up, it goes right to the tuner, and when i try to chg inputs nothing happens, am i missing something here ? i tried to do the auto calibration, and it gives an error msg. saying that either the mic. or my speakers are not hooked up and no sound comes out, but both the speakers and mic is hooked up, the only thing i'm noticing is a little orange symbol in the lower right of the display window. has anyone else experienced anything like this ?

#54071 - 05/26/05 11:08 PM Re: Possible problem
trikos Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Canada
Did you try Ctrl-Alt-Del? wink

Maybe the firmware needs to be reloaded, sounds like maybe a support call..

#54072 - 05/26/05 11:13 PM Re: Possible problem
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Try holding down the mute button on the remote for five seconds - it may be set to the headphone output instead of the pre-amp output. If that doesn't work, I'd give Outlaw support a call.

#54073 - 05/26/05 11:40 PM Re: Possible problem
readster Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Bartlesville, OK USA
i figured out, that the problem is, the dc trigger is not triggering my amp to come on, i have it plugged into dc trigger 1, does this need to be configured or something ?

#54074 - 05/26/05 11:55 PM Re: Possible problem
Nemos2 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Huntington, WV
Anyone correct me if I am wrong here...

If you ahve the DC trigger connected to trigger 1, anytime that the 990 is powered on, the device that is connected to the DC trigger 1 should turn on as well.

Trigger 2 can be setup based on inputs... but trigger 1 should be set for power on to the 990. I do not think that you can even change that....

Hope that helps a little.

ian

#54075 - 05/27/05 08:10 AM Re: Possible problem
barnabas Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: North of Dallas
No configuring should be necessary. Mine worked fine out of the box. Is this a new cable or have you used it before?

#54076 - 05/27/05 08:15 AM Re: Possible problem
hobie Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Barrie, Ontario
Readster,

I'm embarassed to admit I had exactly the same problem. My Anthem amp comes on automatically when it detects a signal. I hooked everything up .. no sound, amp would did not turn on. Turned the amp on manually.. still no sound. Turned UP the volume, everything worked perfectly. There was not enough signal being generated at the factory volume setting to trigger the amp. I know it seems obvious .. try turning up the volume.

#54077 - 05/27/05 10:06 AM Re: Possible problem
trikos Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Canada
FYI, for those people that have amps that do not have a trigger input, I found a $80 device that will give it to you for up to 1800 watts.

http://www.xantech.com/products/p_folder/p_ac1.htm

Passed it by Scott and he indicated it should work fine with the 990.

I am going to use it for my IB sub amp, a Behringer 1500.

#54078 - 05/27/05 10:23 AM Re: Possible problem
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Trigger 1 should come on every time, but as Nemos2 pointed out trigger 2 is set on/off for each input. You might try unhooking and reconnecting your trigger cable, switching your trigger cable to the other trigger output, or even trying another cable on the trigger.

#54079 - 07/09/05 04:05 PM Re: Possible problem
RW Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Silver Spring, MD
I've just received the 990 this morning and ran into a problem immediately - no sound came out from speakers. I hooked up preamp out to the Adcom GFA7500 (5 channels) plus the sub to SW1, configured the DVD output to COMP-DVD/Coaxial 1; Directv (video 1) to COMP 1/Optical 1. I can see the switching of video, the sound was just some tiny pings occasionally and sometimes I can hear a very low sound from the speakers.
In auto setup, I ran into a similar situation like readster posted on May 26. It said either the Mic or the speaker are not hooked up, but they are and unlike readster's situation, my AMP was trigger ON and volume was turn on loud enough, but only some low volume ping sound came out. I did try to change the speaker size to small, large ... Did try to hold the MUTE key for 5 second as Gonk suggested, it turned off the red speaker indicator on the front panel, I guessed it went to headphone then the occasional ping sound disappeared, hold again to turn the headphone off, the sound back again but there was still no decent sound came out. I am using B&W 9NTs, CDM_CNT and CDM_SNTs with Def Tech sub. I am new in posting here but have been reading this forum a lot, it is the postings from these knowledgeable people like gonk ... prompt me to buy the 990 to replace my dead Adcom 750. I hope this is just some small problem from my ignorance and could be fixed with some advice. Thanks in advance for any input.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 143 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
caffeinated, WooWho, Ali, garyedward, jamescuz
8713 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
M.Yu 1
Forum Stats
8,713 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,328 Topics
98,694 Posts

Most users ever online: 542 @ 06/25/24 03:13 AM