Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#53913 - 11/23/05 04:23 PM Re: Wish List for 990 Software Upgrades
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
I suspect that we'll see a firmware update at some point in the coming months - Outlaw's openly said they're working on some programming for a firmware update, so I can't imagine them simply doing nothing.

What sort of dongle are you thinking of? The 990's USB port is a type B, which is not compatible with the flash memory devices that use the type A connector. I'd figured on using the old laptop to do any necessary updating (not much to drag) since there's likely going to be some software to run to push the update over to the 990 (similar to the firmware update program available for the first batch of 1070's that fixed a remote control issue). I actually tucked a USB cable in place for that very purpose when installing the 990, since it gave me the ability to tinker with the USB port as an audio input and left me able to do a firmware update with only minimal rear panel reaching (just have to flip the SVC/OPR switch).

#53914 - 05/22/06 08:07 PM Re: Wish List for 990 Software Upgrades
Jed M Offline
Desperado

Loc: Home on the range
I updated this to reflect the current upgrade. I have a question about if #11 was included in the upgrade or not. I am not sure, but if somebody says it was I will cross it off the list, or anything else I may have missed under the minor upgrades.

#53915 - 05/22/06 08:26 PM Re: Wish List for 990 Software Upgrades
obie_fl Offline
Gunslinger

I need to double check but I believe number 15 is included in the update.

#53916 - 05/22/06 09:29 PM Re: Wish List for 990 Software Upgrades
gonk Offline
Desperado

Quote:
12. Provide external vidio display information similar to 950, ie: current volume, current processing mode (as well as show if I am in Bybass mode, and wether I'm in 7.1 or stereo bypass), signal input type.
If you press a surround mode button on the remote, the current surround mode scrolls across the front panel. Pressing additional times cycles through other modes.
Quote:
15. Provide a means to access 7.1 analog from frount panel input action.
I just confirmed obie_fl - it's fixed.
Quote:
36. A "lock out" key sequence so the 990 can't be adjusted/harmed by children or visitors.
Does the "System Lock" under "System Config" count?

#53917 - 05/22/06 10:55 PM Re: Wish List for 990 Software Upgrades
jrlouie Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Missouri
Quote:
Originally posted by gonk:
If you press a surround mode button on the remote, the current surround mode scrolls across the front panel. Pressing additional times cycles through other modes.
Oh yeah, this will be cool. The lack of this was an irritant and will be nice to have. smile

#53918 - 05/22/06 11:11 PM Re: Wish List for 990 Software Upgrades
gonk Offline
Desperado

Yeah, I hadn't been overwhelmed by the need for this feature (not as much as others), but I'd agreed that it needed to exist in some form and it's already looking like a handy trick to have up my sleeve. The sync control on the front panel display is also slick - that had bugged me in the past.

#53919 - 05/23/06 01:55 AM Re: Wish List for 990 Software Upgrades
Jed M Offline
Desperado

Loc: Home on the range
OK, thanks for the input guys. I will update the list tomorrow morning. I need to go to sleep now.

#53920 - 05/24/06 07:04 AM Re: Wish List for 990 Software Upgrades
bimmer Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: ct
This whole idea of large/small, sub on/off seems to work for me but it is somewhat cumbersome. A better solution would be to have "presets" which would contain a video and/or audio connection, and all of the preamp/speaker settings for that preset.

The large/small/sub combinations should really be (for each speaker):
crossover: no/yes with freq setting
sub: mix crossover/ no mix/ full range

For the sub it should be: LFE only/off/mix (defined by the speakers).

This way, you have the best of both worlds, and can save these settings under a "preset" along with volume levels and calibration. Then, when you pop up what preset you want, the saved settings apply. Default sound processing mode should also be stored in the preset.

This could be done with the current remote using the dvd/video1/video2 nomenclature that is currently used.

#53921 - 05/29/06 10:20 AM Re: Wish List for 990 Software Upgrades
Relentless Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Chicago,IL
I still wish the volume would be constantly on the display instead of the input type(OPT1).

#53922 - 05/29/06 03:22 PM Re: Wish List for 990 Software Upgrades
Darth Tater Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: South Carolina
Is there really any need to have the input type displayed constantly? Why would you need to see OPT1 on the screen all the time? The only time you should need to see that is at setup.

I would also rather see the volume level, or even the surround mode in that spot.

But the main thing I'd love to see...and this should be easily doable I would think...would be to allow different speaker configurations for different inputs. Or at least one setting for DD/DTS and one for 2 channel. I watch movies with fronts=small sub=on, but listen to music with fronts=large sub=off.

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 288 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
M.Yu 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,328 Topics
98,694 Posts

Most users ever online: 491 @ Yesterday at 04:14 PM