Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#53903 - 07/20/05 07:29 AM Re: Wish List for 990 Software Upgrades
CI Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: New City, New York, USA
Many users wouldn't want to lose ANY digital inputs on zone one, (many installs require all of the ones on the 990), so permanently designating one of the digital inputs to z2 would, IMO, be a bad idea.

#53904 - 07/20/05 05:15 PM Re: Wish List for 990 Software Upgrades
deanb Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Not digital inputs, digital output. And optional, of course.

From the Sherwood P-965 manual, which dedicates the coax digital out to Room 2:

For ROOM 2 playback, the COAXIAL DIGITAL OUT can be connected to the amplifier, etc. installed in another room.(For details, refer to “ROOM 2 connections” on page 11.)

They suggest disabling Room 2 if you need the coax digital output locally.

#53905 - 07/20/05 06:36 PM Re: Wish List for 990 Software Upgrades
CI Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: New City, New York, USA
Sorry... point made and well taken!

#53906 - 07/25/05 02:44 PM Re: Wish List for 990 Software Upgrades
jester7677 Offline
Gunslinger

Does anyone even know if there is a developer on the Outlaw payroll to update the software?

The "Upgradeable" statement is only of value if there is, and I for one would like to know if there is.

Having to turn on the TV to adjust the receiver is BS in my book.

#53907 - 07/25/05 02:54 PM Re: Wish List for 990 Software Upgrades
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
I don't know that there is a developer on Outlaw's payroll, but there is at least one (or more) on the payroll at Etronics who is responsible for implementing changes requested by Outlaw. From what I've heard from Outlaw, I feel completely comfortable saying that there will be software updates. I also believe that they are looking at this list and other avenues of feedback to find opportunities for refining the software in addition to fixing any bugs.

#53908 - 08/05/05 04:58 PM Re: Wish List for 990 Software Upgrades
vuamp2 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: US
It would be nice if outlaw would add their response to this thread. Anything we can do?

#53909 - 08/05/05 08:08 PM Re: Wish List for 990 Software Upgrades
PodBoy Offline
Gunslinger

The "Upgradeable" statement is of value as long as the the upgrade is delivered. Why should it make any difference who pushes the code or whose payroll that person (those people) are on? They could be employees, they could be outside contractors/consultants, they could be on the staff of an Outlaw vendor such as Etronics, or any and all of the above.

#53910 - 08/08/05 12:20 PM Re: Wish List for 990 Software Upgrades
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
The recent thread about auto-EQ on the P-965 includes a post from Scott about their priorities on the 990 - specifically, making some bug fixes and user-requested tweaks before prusuing the EQ options. That post may help reassure folks that work is in progress on a software update.

#53911 - 09/06/05 07:52 PM Re: Wish List for 990 Software Upgrades
Frank Brasington Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Melbourne, FL
Since receiving our 990, I’ve been busy designing the entertainment center to accommodate the monster. (Requires 21” interior cabinet shelf depth allowing 1/2” cable radius of supplied power cord, to the front of volume adjust knob.) Looks like a great unit, … so far its only use is as a tuner in the office.

Following are software recommendations to correct some nits & surprising shortcomings I’ve found.

1. FM Mode tuning steps should be on odd 200 kHz frequencies for the US customer base. It’s quite a pain to advance through the spectrum using 0.1 kHz steps. If the unit is marketed to off shore countries with 120-volt power and 100 kHz station spacing, then provide a user selectable frequency step option, (as provided in many $100 CD/AM/FM sound boxes in Wal-Mart).

2. The FM frequency readout presently gives frequency resolution to 10 kHz. Why the extra zero? It is non-sense in the US. How about losing the zero, which will give some visual spacing between the numerals and the MHz letters.

3. AM frequency display, same general nit. How about leaving the letters AM & kHz in place and shifting the frequency numerals one space to the left. That would give a more balanced appearance.

4. I have seen my 990 scan the FM spectrum for stations to store in memory. Is there any way to later “deselect” stations you will never listen too? (to tighten the loop when cycling through your presets)

5. My P.SCAN remote button doesn’t act like the manual states. After a quick push the tuner jumps to the next higher preset, and then after a couple of seconds, merrily continues to cycle through all the rest of the presets. Truly needs to be corrected.

6. After cycling from FM to AM, my 990 will not always accept CH up or down commands to tune to the next 10 kHz AM frequency.

7. When trying to manually preset an AM frequency, the tuner’s front panel display will not always follow the button pushes on the remote. This is a repeatable error. My 990 will not accept a DIRECT four-digit AM frequency “punch in”, but will skip decimal places, and never show all four digits. Nor will it SET the new frequency.

Thanks for having updateable firmware.

Regards ,

Frank Brasington
Melbourne, FL

#53912 - 11/23/05 03:48 PM Re: Wish List for 990 Software Upgrades
Frank Brasington Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Melbourne, FL
I'm surprised that this thread has gone to sleep.

Maybe folks don't dig back to see "active" topics.

Sure would like to know if/when there will be a 990 patch. And whether it will be a download which will require dragging a PC to the 990, (or visa versa), or if the 990's USB port is smart enough to read a dongle.

Sure sounds like Outlaw may be having to come up with a major upgrade, like a UVPROM swap out for willing users.

Regards,

Frank Brasington
Melbourne, FL

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 288 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
M.Yu 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,328 Topics
98,694 Posts

Most users ever online: 491 @ Yesterday at 04:14 PM