Quote:
The Model 990 does not have analog bass management on its 7.1 direct input. Instead, it either uses the digital bass management or (if all speakers are set to large) bypasses any bass management at all. Therefore, there is no potential for double bass on the 7.1 direct input.
Unfortunately for me, I prefer my Denon 3910's audio DACs enough that I wanted it to handle my SACD/DVD-A bass management, as well as avoiding unnecessary A/D conversions. In order to do this without enabling the 990's bass management, I had to set my speakers to Large on the 990. According to the very helpful Steve, from tech support, this also disables the bass management on *every other* input as well. This should not be the case. If I want analog bypass on something designed for high-resolution sound like the 7.1 inputs, it should be a simple electronic or analog switch that toggles it for that input only. Fortunately the only sound I listen to digitally is from Xbox and DirecTV, but if/when that changes, I'll want the flexibility to easily use both bypass and the 990s bass management and assign them to whatever inputs I wish.

Rick
XBox Gamertag: EnderWiggin21