PodBoy,

The Sony 4ES had five way crossover. 4ES Manual

I don't understand your point with the Auto-EQ statement. The 990 has none, where the Sony 4ES did for each speaker zone.

Lipsync does not change, each time you want to try a setting, you have to hit select and if that does not do it, then you have to repeat the process. It would not be painful if you could see the setting on the 990 screen, instead of the TV attached. I am fortunate that I have PIP that will allow me to see the other input while I watch in the source, but not all people do.

I think people should expect more from the software that is being given, so yes, I feel that there are some features that have been out there for years and are not in this unit, and some of the ones that are, are not as accessable when you need them as they should be.

Still have this Question: With the 990 (Sub set to LFE), when you set the crossover for a front speaker to say 80Hz, what does it do with the signal below that level, send it to the sub? The Sony did, but this does not mention that either. If it does, then what does L/R + LFE do?