Oh, I agree that comparing the Stratos to the M200 spec-wise is a bit unfair since the Stratos is double the price (well, 4x, but for two channels instead of one): it is overbuilt like a tank, with a massive torroidal power transformer and humungous heatsinks, weighs about 55 lbs. and is class A/AB (Class A to anywhere between 5 and 30 watts, depending on who you ask). The warranty is 20 years on parts, transferrable to a second owner (one year on labour).

Personally, I think the Stratos is a bargain at $1200.

But, I see no justification for the kind of rolloff the M200 exhibits, even if it is inaudible -- it makes me wonder where else Outlaw scrimped to produce a $300 amp. 20Hz to 20 kHz, an amp should be ruler flat.

I'd also be concerned about using a class AB/G amp, like the M200 to drive my BG Radia 520i speakers because of any high-frequency distortion created during AB to G switching -- such distortion is death to ribbon speakers (even if inaudible), and BG notes that the warranty on them is void if they are driven by a "digital" amp (class G) for this reason. Finally, the Radias present a somewhat difficult 4 ohm load.

That said, I'd see nothing wrong with using an M200 to drive a more conventional speaker. I had considered them (biamping my Radias with a pair each), but would have preferred balanced inputs and better specs at a somewhat higher price, say $500 to $600. I DO remain leery of using AB/G amps with ribbon speakers.