Roger that on the midi port. I can just get a USB coonector for that.

The key for me is to be able to use my laptop, which doesn't have a real soundcard. So, I'd have to get a soundcard for it. This one seems promising....

This type II cardbus (Echo Indigo io) soundcard has a built in microphone preamp. Pretty cool.

Trikos, I thought earlier we were talking about using a microphone to do this with the FBD...now we're talking about using an SPL meter. Or is it just that one software program uses an SPL meter (Room EQ Wizard) while another program (True Audio RTA) uses a microphone? I think that's the case...
EDIT: I see now after reading TrueRTA's FAQ's. you can use just a SPL meter.
Quote:
Q: I am currently mainly interested in low frequency response and was hoping to use my RS sound pressure meter as a mic. Is this ok? If so, do you have the correction text file?

Yes, it should be fine. We don't have a correction file for the RS meter but I have seen them posted on the internet. Note that with a laptop you will have to be careful not to overdrive the mic input. Make sure to first verify that you have a clean (not overdriven) signal at the scope before attempting any calibration routines. You may have to use a generator level down around -30 dBu with your notebook.

Which method would produce the best results with the FBD? Using a quality mic, such as Behrenger's own EMC 8000 and the TrueRTA software, or an SPL meter with the TrueRTA software?
Or, would it be by using that entirely free program, Room EQ Wizard and an SPL meter?
I guess the nice thing going with the TrueRTA, microphone, and the Indigo io PCMIA card is you would be equiped to do a lot more things, though more expensive in the end.

Either way, I'd still have to buy a sound card for my laptop, either PCMIA, USB or Firewire. And, I'd have to buy a SPL meter or a microphone. Oh, and the Behringer DSP1124P...and a USB to midi patch cord.
After buying all that, it wouldn't cost much more to just buy their Ultracurve . With that, you don't have to deal with using your PC, software, and patch cords. Though, you'd still need that microphone. It looks like it does a lot of other stuff too besides the DSP1124P functions, though I'm way too clueless at this point to know what else it could do for me. Perhaps someone with more than 2 functioning brain cells could elaborate on some of the other things you could do if one had that model? ?

Sorry for being a moron... confused
It's taking me awhile to grasp this...
Rocket RS 850's, 550's, Polk LS 90's
SVS PB-12 Ultra