Well I was at the show. To make a long story short, the 990 is an $1100 processor, nothing more nothing less. It's not the miracle processor I hoped it would be. It sounded good mind you. Perhpas it was teh AT 8200 speaker system.. but the dialogue was flat, and upper frequencies were dull, however, I will say the bass response was very good (LMF1 subs sounded fantastic). The processing is all there, panning from speaker to speaker etc it's all there. The 990 just doesn't have the high end smooth and clairty sound of say an anthem D1, or Meridian/Lex products. I know I know, these products are no where near it's price range. I guess as someone noted you get what you pay for. I have to demo again with different speakers I'm familiar with. But, it was obvious, it doesn't have the high end sound I really want. As they say in the amplifier world, after the power transistors, the amp is voiced that is where you seperate cheaper and high end products. I guess I may just have to go on the used marked for AVM 20/30 or B&K 50 even. Darn.. I was really hoping this would be the $3000 processor for $1000.. folks trust me it isn't. The cabinet is huge...