Gonk gave the link to Tom Norton's review on HT at HES. It gives a good impression on the whole.

Anthem/Paradigm gave a good performance but simply not good enough to beat Outlaw. Altought I was sitted in a excellent spot, sound effects were not as convincing with Anthem. Norton's wrote of «too much proeminence in the high-end» as the cause of their relative failure.

I'll say for Yamaha that the YSP-1 system sounded good but in a very small room. It is not a musical system. Music sounded needlessy bright. Two years from now, this type of system may appear in Walmart or Costco because it seems so easy to imitate cheaply.

A big disapointment came from Aperion. I went three times to their two rooms. Everytime, the sound was disapointing : too boomy, brittle treble. The listening rooms were always packed and that may have played a role. But I also had to ask three different representatives of the compagny in order to get the SPL sensitivity of the speakers before someone answered me vaguely «somewhere in the upper-80s». With the purchase of the 990, I now need 7 new speakers. Let's just say that I won't go for Aperion.