Cary
Have the DTC100 straight in via a chintzy RCA RGB to Component converter, after I returned my demo run of a Sony HD200, which for a short time allowed us to us the DVI straight in.
The DVD is straight in via Component.

Do you have a 0IRE/7.5IRE setting on your DVD player unaware of what that setting is? Will look, do not recall seeing a parameter titled so: (Panasonic RP-91) will have to dig and see.

I have been known to type either one in a hurry but what I own is V Essentials, have run the full adjust using it in the past on the GW I) and a partial run-through at Christmas on the GW II, which I have never gotten back to. From Nov forward I have a schedule which makes getting to any of this, - hit or miss right now. When I started messing with the GW II felt quickly there were certain things ‘off’ as compared to the GW I which I don’t think any home disc adjustments are going to alleviate.

What I’d like to find …before I sit down and run through VE again, is a web site explaining all test patterns, (many don’t even have explanation on my disc, several test patterns listed as additional patterns for a service tech. use). I queried asking for a better explanation of all test patterns on Avia and VE what the goals are for each pattern with samples showing correct/incorrect, and what is occurring to cause the differences.
Including hopefully information regarding if the pattern is off (when applied) where does the problem lie, in color in decoder in alignment etc. I would rather know when its off WHY its off…not just that it is.

No one replied on the other forum with a web resource for researching (self-training) on this subject.