Wow...with all the technical backgrounds I feel kind of intimidated to post mine, but here goes. I work in the public sector for my state DOT. Though I work with lots of engineers, I’m not one myself. I am primarily a contract manager, but I do have the opportunity to do some technical work...I have to review construction documents and specifications and prepare bid documents for transit facilities/vehicles and ferryboats/terminal facilities. That’s the interesting part...most of my time is spent making sure agencies the state contracts with are meeting state and federal requirements.

My addiction to audio began early by listening to my dad’s hi-fi down in the basement (which wasn’t much more than a console stereo with turntable). My first encounter with hifi sound came at my buddy’s house, whose dad had a setup of a Marantz integrated amp and Garrard turntable with some JBL full range speakers. I was hooked from that time forward. During college I worked with a buddy of mine installing PA systems. That continued to fuel my hifi addiction, and down the slippery slope I've slid.

I'm married, 4 kids (2 still in high school), a dog, a cat, and about 30 horses (my father in law's).

Thanks to all for your insights and opinions.

Happy holidays to all.
Panasonic BDP-45
Outlaw LFM-2

2 Channel:
Red Dragon M-500 monoblocks
BAT-VK3i
Salk HT-1TL's
Apple TV
Beresford 7520 DAC
Surgex XS10