I’ve come such a long way (since Christmas) but have barely placed a foot on the path of the A/V handbook. I think I better leave off playing in Service Mode for a year to see how far I might get!! I can see me muttering those famous last words 'whoops' (or something worse). But that’s another plus for this unit, more people seem to post satisfaction with the pic out of the box over other RP which often need a paid house call.

I am beginning to get an inkling of what the forums grump about when in Brick & Mortars. (and this from someone who still mixes up the difference between connections)
Starting to get a ‘reputation’ (evil grin ) when in stores. At Tweeter’s one guy called the other guys other to see the ‘girl’ who had asked detailed questions on the phone about the Sony LCD. I was talking to him about the DVD players and he said “you wouldn’t be so & so who called another sales rep the other day would you?” I had 4 of em standing in a circle staring in surprise as if I was a toothbrush who got up and went out and changed the oil in their car or something.
I’ve already ‘argued nicely’ in the past with sales reps in other stores, who come up to see if I wanted help when I was browsing rows, on what the RCA 38 WS and the HK8000 were capable of. (Gonk gave me my first lesson in PrePro/Receiver amplification.)
In other words you guys have created a monster! But it’s an awful lot of fun.
Look forward to the 47 review.