That was a very good read. Its funny in my inept way of trying to describe why I like this set, - all the positives he lists are exactly why I went ahead with the purchase.

1: ambient lighting and room size are issues that you're grappling with.
2: As with all LCD displays, rich, deep black rendering is impossible, but .. almost becomes a non-issue… distinct advantages of no convergence hassles and no permanent burn-in when displaying static images.
3: Picture is bright, even in fully lit rooms, including daylight. Colors are rich and vibrant with no discernable bleeding or dot crawl.
4: It's a beautiful chassis
5: High-quality programming will appear great. Everything else will look... eh!

Noticed that they dropped the RGB for Component from your model to mine. I would have appreciated the RGB, and I’m sure you - the Component! I wonder if they did not 'revamp' the data capiblity limitations (when used as a computer monitor) listed in the article, therefore changing the inputs to strengthen the displays use for video only.
I don't see any sign of green fog/hot spotting up close (and we are close!) or shimmer, maybe they addressed those issues on the 60"
I’ll do some digging in the rest of the links included, Thank you for posting it.

I feel sure my unit will drop considerarably in price again soon, and be a very good deal PP to veiwing experience.

Did just notice Sony is one Sponsor for that site. So those poss. shoppping for that set take it with salt. However I concur with the article on detailing the reasons for my purchasing

[This message has been edited by Smart Little Lena (edited July 05, 2002).]