Mystery solved or resolved as the case may be:
The guys at Tweeter took the Blackhawk disc in the back (while I was returning the NS715P) and decided it might be warped, (never had that happen, and you can spin it , flip it, and cross section eyeball it and it does not look so.
Took it to Blockbusters told them what Tweeters said and the background I gave you and they replaced it. I was impressed, since I had trashed the original cash receipt. It did help that I took in a cash receipt for 5 DVD’s I had purchased with them the week before. (Just to show I was a loyal customer).

SZ & Jeremy, thanks for the suggestions, I am now back in the market for a new Prog. Player.
I would recommend the video capabilities of the Sony player, but either I got a lemon, or they have some severe quirks to tend to on that latest model. I hit the door of Tweeters just before they closed and asked for the Pioneer you mentioned Jeremy, they only had one display left and the salesman could not locate it, the Panny 82 end #model, does not show in his computer with a ship date yet.

Time to do some more learning / pondering. Thank you for your help, any other thoughts please let me know. I’m all ears!