The iPod didn't kill SACD and DVD-Audio, the RIAA or whomever thought up that god awful format with tons of restrictions did.

It's a shame, but it's the truth. I've had an iPod since 2002 when the first 20GB model came out. I love high quality audio but you're not going to get that sitting in a MD-80 or 757 across the United States without dropping some serious money and then having to worry about it getting dropped, damaged, swiped, or needing a backpack twice the size of your laptop just to carry all the components to make it reproduce said audio quality.

And contrary to the ragging here the iPod doesn't make you rip music and compress the heck out of it. If you're one of those types who thinks they can tell a difference between a semi-compressed file and a raw file then don't buy it.

But for the rest of us that have apparently damaged beyond all hope ears and like the fact that we could listen to our flavor of music instead of the drone of jet engines for a few hours, or listen to music instead of the drone of a subway, or hook it into our car and listen to podcasts or music without having to listen to some 'morning show' or something else equally idiotic it doesn't mean that you can point and call us stupid.

And I can't wait for my new 990/7125 combo to show up because on my Sony 9000ES playing iTunes through my Airport Express into that on my Klipsch Reference speakers it sounded great, and in a 'test on the wife' of playing both the CD and the iTunes sources she couldn't tell the difference. Not having to have two 400 disc CD changers to listen to my music library replaced by something as big as a deck of cards has a lot going for it. Hard drives will only get bigger over time and eventually you'll be able to rip your entire library onto it with and hopefully by then you'll quit-yer-bitchin

wink