I'll chime in here for the geeks. This time around, I didn't have an option since I was travelling and was out of town. Plus, with our two little girls this sort of thing isn't really a choice for me any longer.

But when TPM came out, some of my family and I took turns waiting in line for several days. We had a blast! It was so much fun because we weren't just standing around alone watching the clock tick by and waiting to go in. We were with a bunch of other people sharing a common interest. It was like a big party. We even got interviewed by some radio and tv stations. Once we had tickets, we came back a few days later and waited again for about 3 days to actually get in so we could be near the front of the line and get a good grouping of seats together. It seems a little silly thinking back on it, but it really was a blast!

As a disclaimer here, I wouldn't put that kind of effort in to see any movie (including this one) in just any theater. This was to get in to the Cinerama in Seattle. Seeing a movie in this theater is a phenomenal experience. Paul Allen bought the theater when it was about to be torn down and completely revamped it to state of the art. It's equipped with digital projection on a MASSIVE screen and has absolutely incredible sound. Plus, the seats are very comfy. When we lived in Seattle, if we wanted to see a big movie (Master and Commander, LOTR trilogy, etc.), we went here.