Well, then...what to buy? I'm new to buying The Good Stuff, but in the past few months have been exposed to Outlaw (950/770), and some others. The price is great, the quality is great, the service is great, and I'm about as pleased as I can be with what I hear in my house right about now!

So - next is the DVD player, replacing my 6-year-old Panasonic Wal-Mart Special.

All of these formats you're discussing - I think ya lost me somewhere back about when Betamax got whipped. Considering two directions - the Future of DVDs, and the NOW of dvds, what machines would get me going in the right direction? What "format' or whatever should I absolutely not compromise on right now? Is there a solid performer I can't go wrong with at a decent price?

These other items (amp, etc.) - it was a little easier to weed them out into Mass Market and Genuine Good Buys - the DVD is just too "cosumerized" to make my online research very productive.

I would have posted this separate or elsewhere, but it seemed to fall in-line with your discussion, so here we are!