I still remember the sweeeeet Sony Betamax video recorder that a friend of mine had in the early 80s. This was shortly before VHS caught on and stomped it almost out of existence. I, on the other hand, have the digital version of this, a hardly used $450 (at the time of purchase) Sony laserdisk player. At the time I purchased this, sometime in the mid-90s, there were 3 stores in Morgantown that rented laserdisks, with quite large selections of titles. Three months later there were no laserdisks to rent anywhere in town, including the A/V shop where I bought the laserdisk player. They did have the largest selection when I purchased the player. So if you feel the need to blame somebody, I guess that I'm the guy that (almost) killed the laserdisk. I guess that I'll just sit here and wait to see how this one shakes out before commiting.

Nah, that will never happen. I'll get the itch and have to purchase one or the other. So if you guys let me know which one you want to survive, I'll buy the other one. laugh

Jeff
LR: ARC Reference 1 | Emotiva XPR-2 | Music Hall MMF2.2 | Oppo BDP-83SE | Polk XRt12 XM Receiver | Emotiva XDA-1 DAC | Sony HAP-S1 (digital audio player) | Sansui TU-217 Tuner | Magnepan 3.6R w/Mye-Stands | SVS SB-16 sub | BA VR-M90s | Audio Quest 72db speaker cable
Office: Drobo 5N running as PLEX media server
Closet: too many pieces to put all into place, I need more rooms smile