Jason, thanks for the info. Very informative.

My speakers were $1100/pr, and they do sound awesome. I'm not really a speaker "techie," though, so I have no idea what is inside them, except for the number of drivers and their diameters. I also wouldn't even know what questions to ask if I had one of the speaker's designers in my living room.

I do know they're bi-ampable, and I thought I knew the general principles of bi-amping and what the advantages were. It's nothing I'll do soon, both due to time & money constraints, and because they really do sound very good right now. But it's nice to know that I have somewhere to go if I ever become more of an audiophile.

DIY would have been cool, but seeing as I consider myself lucky to be able to change the oil in my car, I think anything involving cabnetry & complex wiring would have been beyond my ability. Plus, I don't know if my ear would have been trained enough to tell the difference. The speakers I have now are the best I've ever heard and I'm quite happy with them. They're Axioms, BTW.