Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#4764 - 09/22/05 09:15 PM Re: 1050 Remote settings needed
painttoad Offline
Desperado

Loc: peoria il
how goes the quest,trout?

as a late afterthought,my remote had to be upgraded over the phone to accept the 1050 codes. pretty cool procedure. cool

as a question leads to another...could the original 1050 remote control bass and treble?

#4765 - 09/23/05 02:16 AM Re: 1050 Remote settings needed
trout Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Omaha, NE USA
It's going OK. I got my JP1 cable just the other day. I've learned how to use the software they provide on the Hi-Fi Remote site, and got my DirecTV D10-300 satellite receiver programmed in. But getting the proper codes for my Sony DVP-S9000ES is a bit more of a problem, but I think I can get it eventually. :p

#4766 - 03/06/06 11:48 AM Re: 1050 Remote settings needed
trout Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Omaha, NE USA
Sorry, painttoad, I didn't see or acknowledge your last question about the bass and treble. No it did not have any control on the remote, only on the receiver.

I did have to send my remote back in to have it 'worked on' by the support team (Steve) and get my AUX button working. After I got it back, I didn't have any luck getting it to work with the out of the box codes.

So, against Outlaw's (Steve's) recommendations, I used my JP1 to get the current DirecTV D10 codes programmed to the SAT button and my Sony DVP-S900ES programmed to my AUX button and it worked fine. Yet, I haven't set a high priority to getting the select button in the middle of the arrows to work as an Enter command, for it's a little annoying to use the arrows to move the onscreen selection and then have to hit the Enter button aways away from the arrows, though it's only a problem for my DVD. I can get back to the Hi-Fi Remote to get that resolved, I'm pretty sure.

Now all of this is mostly for not, as I'm going to be upgrading my system soon, but I'm writing an email to gonk about my thoughts on that.

Thanks for all your help.

-------------------------------
The only good is knowledge and
the only evil is ignorance.

#4767 - 03/06/06 12:09 PM Re: 1050 Remote settings needed
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
The JP1 stuff is pretty potent, from all that I've ready about it. I've never tried it, so my knowledge is completely general and untested, but I can understand a manufacturer like Outlaw being wary of suggesting that consumers start digging that deeply into a remote's software. I'm glad to hear your adventures into JP1 have worked out pretty well. I'll keep my eyes out for any questions you have on upgrades - new hardware is always fun, even if it's somebody else's new hardware. smile

#4768 - 03/06/06 11:51 PM Re: 1050 Remote settings needed
painttoad Offline
Desperado

Loc: peoria il
thanks trout,i do have all control of the original 1050 remote with my 'kameleon'.agree with gonk on the new hardware is fun....also on the jp1....i'm capable,but I have no reason to go there!i was just lookin' in the back of my remote,MAYBE make an interface where the batt. cover could stay on. cool

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 303 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM