Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#4721 - 04/22/05 03:38 AM Well I think it has given up the ghost......
MCH Offline
Gunslinger

My 1050 that is. When I turn my 1050 on and try to set any function it shuts off. I disconnected all my speakers and all sources. I left it unplugged for 24 hours, hoping a reset would fix it, but do no avail. Even with nothing attached the 1050 shutsoff whenever I start switching functions. Sometimes right away or after a few function changes.
Unfortunately there is no more warranty and I live in Canada. The cost of shipping back and forth and then the probable cost of repair makes this the end of the line for this receiver. I'm a little disappointed that it only lasted about 3 years. Plus I had to ship it once previously under warranty for repair. I had to pay for the shipping there. Which by the time I got it back, it was a $100 CAD.
I suspect the problem is the power switch circuitry. I phoned an electronics repair and was told they couldn't do anything unless they had schematics. Even if they have schematics depending upon the problem, parts may be a problem.
That is one of the downfalls of buying a unique product. There are no authorized service centers across the country.
Please bow your heads for a moment of silence for a beloved one that has passed on.

#4722 - 05/02/05 02:29 PM Re: Well I think it has given up the ghost......
desperado Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Hawaii
Hopefully I am not too late with this response. I had a problem with my 1050 it would not turn on. I tried all the things you tried to no avail. Then I decided to check the fuse. The fuse was fine however after removing the fuse and re-inserting it the problem went away. Doubt it will solve your issue but it's worth a shot.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 91 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
M.Yu 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,328 Topics
98,694 Posts

Most users ever online: 542 @ 06/25/24 03:13 AM