speak now or forever hold your peace. That line always sends a crawl up my back at a wedding,....I'm always waiting for a "The Graduate" reaction from someone someday.

Everett, I See your displeasure after your last post more clearly now.

You think Outlaw over a year back? enticed you to purchase NOW, before price went up. Without having a hardcopy of every purchaser’s e-mail responses, I can’t guarantee that some such wordage was not on yours: (lock in price). I just pulled my own hardcopy emails I printed from my early order days with Outlaw, (would attach them but the files have been cleaned out of the computer). And none of these mention submitting my CC# to lock in the price.

Comments about the CC only concerned locking in my reservation which:
1) they have the right to cancel
2) they have the right (during early shipping-back order) to limit to one unit per purchaser
3) I have the right to cancel during my ‘window’ when notified that my reservation # has queued.
4) They required submission of the CC# to hold my reservations but clearly stated no charge would appear on my CC until I have been notified I can order, and confirmed that I still desired to place this order.

I was just happy Outlaw did not go like several other purchases I have dealt with. Specificily some major car part purchases ranging in cost from 400 to 3500. As soon as ordered was placed these were charged to my card, although receipt of the products were always delayed anywhere from 6 weeks to (Literally in one case 6 months).

I TRULY don’t think Outlaw was pulling the slimely car lot deal, (this offer is good if you buy RIGHT now, …TODAY…tomorrow morning I won’t be able to do this amount).

The terms “Introductory” I see pasted over most new products/ads. I was one of the (way to much time to kill) posters (if I remember) in one post actually theorizing out loud on the possibility the 950 MIGHT go up in price. Hence people like me causing the “newsletter” response “We find it amusing” that JJ99 just cut and pasted.

I truly wondered if it would. For a time there was a feeding frenzy about the 950. And back then I remember thinking I it could be 50, 100 or 200 dollars possibly. However I never expected a price increase to occur after a short while of musing on that subject, as I was watching combined effects on our economy of , 9-11, the pending war, the Enron fiasco, the stuttering Stock prices, Airline crunch etc. across America. In fact all these factors should make a company like Outlaw SO much more attractive, when consumers watch and worry about the future.

Reading some of these quotes I remember (way back when) some days thinking the price would go UP, and other days it WILL go down. I bet Outlaw hoped to push it up,,,, but competition for market share is just going to get tougher…you will see…(I expect) more and more ‘deals’ going on around AV. And as mentioned in this thread earlier, there are some other brand owners out there who are unhappy about price reductions. I just feel it benefits us all, (if things don’t drop too far too fast, …bad sign for industries) I choose to order Outlaw for the sound and performance, - but Outlaw is also JUST the kind of company I would turn too when times are lean if I was attempting to factor frugality in my non-essential purchases.
I think although ‘price’ is the topic that’s bothering you right now….you made a VERY wise choice as regards the COST of keeping up to date with AV current tech. I’ve felt AV is [really] getting close to the dramatic instant depreciation effect of buying each latest update for your computer, which makes a company like Outlaw (who cuts the middle man) that much more attractive. I get really tired of taking those extremely DRAMATIC price hits, although my “have it now’ personality can lead me into these.

I do ‘remember’ thinking “might they go up?” But if I had felt that Outlaw might go DOWN in price in a year or two ( or even 3 months) and I [was] paying the highest retail early release price (when demand was high). It would not have stopped my purchase at that price at that time. I was WAY past ready to buy during that period. I thought the 950/770 combo was a GREAT deal at its release. Wow……what a stunner at the ‘new’ price, - for what you get!

by the by,...Happy Fathers Day to all "Dads"!