NBStwoABQ -- As someone who runs all of his video signals as S-Video (digital cable, DVD, and S-VHS) and switches them with the 950, I am surprised to hear about problems like those you are experiencing. Particularly since I've had a total of four different 950's in my system in the last year and never had any problems with the S-Video switching. The differing natures of the two problems would seem to make a cable problem unlikely (although a few tests with directly connecting different components with those cables -- particularly the "monitor out" cable -- would offer some additional confirmation). I doubt it's due to interference of any sort (and power cords lying against your "monitor out" cable?). Quite perplexing. I expect that Outlaw will get you squared away soon, though.

master of disaster -- The 950 did have video problems with the first handful of shipping units (turbo had one, as I recall, although I haven't seen him around here since it was resolved). All of those units, probably under a dozen total, were replaced last April. Subsequent units were originally slated to have the composite/s-video conversion disabled, but ended up keeping it with the qualification that Outlaw recommends keeping video signals in the same format (which it looks like NBStwoABQ is doing). Beyond that, I am not aware of any video switching problems inherent to the 950's design (individual defects such as those NBStwoABQ has encounted notwithstanding).

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review