Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#46419 - 04/30/03 03:38 PM Re: Cirrus Logic...good or great?
TANGO Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Jenison, MI, United States
boblinds: I continue to be surprised how effectively the Cirrus software places content in the rear speakers from 5.1 content. Not gimmicky, just very natural sounding, including some very pronounced directionality at appropriate times.
I almost always use it with 5.1 material in my 7.1 system
-------------------------------------------

I agree with you, boblinds . For the money and with what you get, the 950 is great. Thought this when I bought it, thought this during the money-back return period, and still think it today.

Kevin's right about the tangible differences from 5.1. And used correctly, these differences are quite satisfying.

Minuteman's point is on the mark-- just how much ARE YOU willing to pay for what you want??

Buy it and try it daddy_guy-- you have the 30 day send back period . What better way to know how it sounds/works for YOU than to give it a listen. It doesn't get any better than that !!

------------------

#46420 - 04/30/03 03:51 PM Re: Cirrus Logic...good or great?
daddy_guy Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Redwood City, Ca USA
Does the Fosgate FAP T1 have the same CES as Outlaws?? If it does, and if Mr. Fosgate uses (endorses) it in his new processor, I'm SOLD ON OUTLAW!!!!!
Quote:
Originally posted by sdurani:
Quote:
Originally posted by daddy_guy:
[b]Can someone tell me their thoughts on surround quality of the Cirrus Logic with 6.1 / 7.1 ??
To keep confusion from arising, let's get some nomenclature out of the way. "Cirrus Logic" is the name of the chip maker; "Cirrus Extra Surround" (CES) is the name of the processing.
While I haven't lived with a 950, I have listened to CES processing on a several occasions; most recently on a Fosgate FAP-T1 processor.
Best,
Sanjay[/B]

#46421 - 04/30/03 05:21 PM Re: Cirrus Logic...good or great?
sdurani Offline
Desperado

Loc: Monterey Park, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by daddy_guy:
Does the Fosgate FAP T1 have the same CES as Outlaws?? If it does, and if Mr. Fosgate uses (endorses) it in his new processor, I'm SOLD ON OUTLAW!!!!!
Yes, the CES on the Outlaw is the same as the one on the Fosgate. However, inclusion doesn't mean endorsement; the FAP-T1 also "uses" DTS Neo:6, which I seriously doubt Jim Fosgate "endorses"; especially since he was the inventor of PL II (Neo's much superior rival). Since CES is already built into the Cirrus chip that does all the other surround decoding (Dolby & DTS modes), it would pointless not to activate the feature; thus most manufacturers do.

BTW, you seem to be anxious to get a thumbs-up on CES processing as an excuse to get the 950. Personally, I think the 950 more than justifies its $899 purchase price; with or without CES. I agree with TANGO, buy it and try it; you've got a 30-day no-questions-asked return guarantee.

Good Luck,
Sanjay

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 239 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM