Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#46113 - 04/06/03 05:42 PM Re: How do you have you center channel setup
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
If they didn't change anything why the new model number?
They did change some minors (memory stick slot). One rational I heard mentioned is that Sony intends to reserve the XBR designation to the Plasma line only in future models.
I have all of the keep-cases out in the garage in a plastic tub, then I use DVD Profiler to print a catalog of selections.
You are more organized than me!

I tried to nudge Mom to come home with a plasma,(I like them) …just so there would be one in the family to play with. (something different). There were a few last generations models within the price range. But when giving her cons/pros one of the stats which bothered her was loss of brightness over hours used.

Take Care!.

#46114 - 04/08/03 01:54 AM Re: How do you have you center channel setup
MeanGene Offline
Desperado

Loc: Simi Valley, CA, USA
KF-60DX100 Looks like it is similar to the KF-60XBR800 but is missing DVI and has the ugliest stand you have ever seen. I have not been able to see the KF-60WE610 yet. Still looking. Maybe it won't rain for a while (roof). ;-)

MeanGene\'s DVD\'s

#46115 - 04/08/03 10:40 PM Re: How do you have you center channel setup
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
Maybe it won't rain for a while (roof). ;-)

Its spring Meangene. CONTROL yourself!!!

This is the stand Mom picked: Not too bad in person, and I was impressed with its substantive build. http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-EoglqYFFy9L/ProdView.asp?i=158SUGW1
But one in particular I’ve seen sets the tabletop looking unit into a stand which converts it to a giant square box. (Like most RP displays). Weird way to take a ‘plasma-like’ looking cabinet and hide it! could not find a pic of the really ugly one!.
Read this from Crutchfield,

“This second-generation Grand Wega TV offers so much more performance and flexibility than the first generation that Sony raised it to XBR status — signifying that it's one of Sony's finest TVs.
Thanks to innovative design and cutting-edge optics and video processing technology, the KF-60XBR800's picture..."

The PR is often sneaky because right after this they frequently line it up like:
Added Features: DVI, (proceding on to name several parts which have NOT changed.) SFP Lenticular 0.155mm as if that has also improved etc. You read the sentence and think: Okay ALL following (DVI) added features.
That paragraph is for the KF-60XBR800 sounds immensely improved doesn’t it! Contrary to what some Outlaw Owners have been labeled (susceptible to ‘hype’). I really attempt to pay attention.

GWI: KF-60DX100: 1080I/720p/480p/480i compatible. 4 composite/3 S-video/2- Component/ Total: 6 inputs.
Audio inputs 6. 10-bit 3D digital Comb. Reverse 3/2 pulldown. 3-way, 6-speaker system 30 watts.
True Surround/Virtual Dolby surround. Steady Sound. Newly Developed Sony-org optical engine ultra high-pressure lamp. Wide XGA LCD panels. 3.15 million pixels. Multi-Lens System. Fresnel Screen. SFP Lenticular: 0.155mm. 3D digital Circuity./Digital uniformity/ Dot line inversion/DRC converts all images to 960I resolution./Cinemotion Reverse 3/2 pulldown./Twin View/High Contrast Screen with a Double Anti-Reflective (A/R) Coating, First Surface Mirror./etc.

GWII: KF-60XBR800: All above stats remain the same: EXCEPT: Add one input DVI. Add one memory stick. Add one sentence 25% improved contrast ratio. (can’t find this feature on mine ).

Now I did find a mention (but you can’t trust web site stat's unless backed by manuf. from one to the other vender details which looked as if DRC drew higher LOR in the I than the II. Can’t confirm this. Maybe a typo.

So I really don’t expect major diffrences on the III, other than "improved memory stick". But they are not out yet to confirm.

#46116 - 04/10/03 09:34 PM Re: How do you have you center channel setup
MeanGene Offline
Desperado

Loc: Simi Valley, CA, USA
The Ugly Stand:
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-erycLepphtC/cgi-bin/prodview.asp?i=15860DX100

yeah, and I am only 10 years away from 37.

------------------
MeanGene's Home

[This message has been edited by MeanGene (edited April 10, 2003).]

MeanGene\'s DVD\'s

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 292 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
M.Yu 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,328 Topics
98,694 Posts

Most users ever online: 488 @ 06/18/24 10:00 AM