Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#4597 - 07/04/04 04:18 AM Trouble with Dolby Digital signal on 1050
jprichar Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Folsom, CA, USA
I got my 1050 today in the mail... Everything is working well and sounding great save for Dolby Digital signals. The unit has no problem latching onto a DTS via the coax connection to my DVD player. DTS sounds incredible. Now the bad news, when I select DD 5.1 audio on any number of DVD's the 1050 won't latch on to the signal and goes to "Pro-Logic" mode with the "PCM" detected. I would expect it to see the "DIGITAL" on instead of "PCM". But then again I am very new to the unit... I don't have a center surround but I have the center surrond speaker set to "On" in the set up. I set the "Surr 6" off before I switched out of DTS and into a DD signal. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

#4598 - 07/04/04 03:06 PM Re: Trouble with Dolby Digital signal on 1050
icky_miky Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Selden, NY USA
The sages of the outlaw forums will undoubtedly assist you, but to help they will probably need to know how your source components are connected to the 1050.

-chris

#4599 - 07/04/04 05:35 PM Re: Trouble with Dolby Digital signal on 1050
jprichar Offline
Gunslinger

I have an Outlaw 1050 with all six speaker channels connected and turned on and a sub connected to LFE. The source is an Apex 2500(yuck I know) DVD player connected via a digital coax output cable to the digital coax input on the 1050. Now as I mentioned above this set up works super for encoded DTS movies. However when I switch the sound encoding on the DVD to "Dolby Digital 5.1" the 1050 goes into PCM mode and decodes it in "Pro-Logic". I just went out and picked up a digital optical cable (toslik) which I am going to try in place of the digial coax cable. I don't know why it would make any differnce but it is the only other thing I could think of to try. Any other ideas are welcome. Thanks.

#4600 - 07/04/04 06:19 PM Re: Trouble with Dolby Digital signal on 1050
jprichar Offline
Gunslinger

Problem solved. It wasn't the digital coax cable. I feel stupid that I even bothered to buy an optical one. Oh well I can return it... Anyay the trouble was with the source DVD player. In the set up there was an option for audio output called "SPDIF/RAW" I had the setting on "SPDIF/PCM". Funny that DTS worked fine on the "SPDIF/PCM" setting but DD 5.1 wouldn't I am sure there is some sort of techincal information. Anyway I am good to go. Thanks. Justin

Who's Online
0 registered (), 356 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM