Quote:
JohnTompkins said:
Soundhound, did I say that I buy my equipment by the pound ?..Just making an observation that if parts are exactly the same as you say(from pre-pro to pre-pro) they thereby should weigh aprox. the same as well. I agree that power supplies/transformers etc. are more of an importence in amps rather then pre-amps (but some would argue otherwise).

You do seem to be implying that a processor and/or amplifier's weight is a good measure of its inherent quality. Since Aragon's processor is heavier than Outlaw's it must be better-- right? Well, Outlaw's Model 770, 200 watt 7 channel amp weighs more than 90+ pounds. The Aragon Model 2007, 7 channel amp, with 200 watts into 8 ohms and 300 watts into 4 ohms weighs...... 49 pounds! Hey, where's the beef? Maybe Aragon left out all the quality parts? Or, maybe they don't see a relationship of weight to quality? Or, sadly, maybe Aragon ain't what it used to be. And, maybe, some are paying a lot more money for.... a name. Aragon's line does look good though, I'll give you that. Best wishes...