quote:
John, have you never sold/exchanged/replaced/upgraded a piece of your AV? It’s going to happen with the 950 and every other product on the market. There are many men in the forums, whose life’s calling is to upgrade

Smart little Lena,
Yes I have, here are a few processors Ive owned,denon 3801-3802-4802,sony da4es-777es-tap-tae,onkyo898,adcom gtp-830,rotel995 stereo,bottlehead tube pre,lexicon dc-1,dc-2,mc-1,aragon soundstage.

If you do a search on htf you will see that me and Merc have had plenty of discussions/disagreements and I am NOT talking for him just mentioning the fact that he has since moved on from the 950. I am an upgrade freak as well and am always out to save a buck, buying used gear most frequently.

Your comments brings me to my point exactly. I said way back when that one of the best things outlaw had going for it was TIME, because no other pre-pro at the time had all the features and I was one who was waiting with baited breath for the release of the 950. As time passed, the competition grew( and caught up) to the 950. Now there is plenty of competition out there(many fine choices including the 950). Its not like buying speakers or even an amps because technology doesnt move that rapidly in that catagory. Maybe Outlaw will hit my "time window" in the future with a cutting edge product out before its time so to speak.

One other thing about the 950 using the same parts. For instance the aragon sounstage weighs 39 lbs while the 950 weighs 17 ?. I realize the aragon uses a better/heavier faceplate and casing is a bit heavier plus the balanced connects adds a little weight but double the weight ?..hmm

[This message has been edited by JohnTompkins (edited April 01, 2003).]