Ricky, I bought my first DPL pioneer receiver in 1988 so I am not new to this hobby, but I usually am more of a reader and less of a poster. Like you, I witnessed the 1050 craze and the 950 hoopla on the HTF and lived to tell about it. I actually was on the first waiting list 15 minutes after opening, so I am well aware of the saga.
With that said, I still can't figure out your obsession with Outlaw. You don't own the 950, you don't like the Outlaws or their business model, so why not dedicate your time to something that makes you more happy? I am curious as to what you are hoping to achieve with your questions in this thread?
I made my decision on what I was looking for and Outlaw had everything I needed. I will admit the price was great but it certainly wasn't a deterrent as it is for some people. I understand this phenomenon because when I am in the grocery store I will buy the more expensive cheese or another product simply because I assume higher price=better product. Fortunately I know enough in this hobby to know what I prefer, and Outlaw sounded great the first time I turned it on. We all can't be Aragon fans or there would be no need for competition.

Quote:
I'm not sure how Outlaw "future" owners could shove their satisfaction around 6-12 months before the product actually shipped

And this somehow personally scarred you? Seriously, let it go. I hope someday you can get over it, but I understand the deep emotional loss of having to read enthusiastic posts from people who were anticipating a product. That must have been really hard on you, its a miracle you survived, no wonder you are so upset. Good luck.

[This message has been edited by Jed M (edited April 01, 2003).]