Soundhound,

I would say that Kevins list says otherwise. Numbers 1,2,3,6 and 7 all effect the sound and by no small amount (Maybe small to you, but to my ears its not)..To simply say all that your getting is balanced connections and prettier looks is a falsehood.

As to the parts in the 950 being the same, this Im not sure of and will do some research on, but you overlook many factors that effect the sound including how the parts are layed out, workmenship, design, etc. Not to mention software tweakability (which can improve sound dramatically), automatic room calibration, built in eq if desired and yes balanced connections plus more flexible bass management, more crossovers, sub distance and independent rears. Im sure noise levels on the 950 can be reduced (have read reviews about unaceptable background noise) Im not talking about the hiss bug either.

I wonder why some beta testers have since sold their 950s, Merc in particular which was an avid 950 defender (I believe hes now using the ref 50 but not sure)