Ricky, sorry but I couldn't help but point out this GLARING logic fault in your point......

You specifically request
Quote:
And what personal evidence do you guys have that the 950 competes "straight" up vs $3-4k prepros? What other 5.1 processors have you guys owned in YOUR systems?
Basically, you're stating here that our opinions aren't valid unless we've tried other processors in OUR systems (emphasis yours). (Aside: The only other processor I've had is the Sherwood Newcastle AV-P9080 which I thought was equivalent to the 950 in 5.1 modes, but the Outlaw bests it with DPL-II, DTS:NEO, onboard analog crossover, triple crossover for digital).

Then you turn around and tell us that
Quote:
I've heard the Outlaw on three occasions in other people's systems. And I've owned over a dozen 5.1 processors in my system.
(emphasis mine) See the dichotomy here?

We're not allowed to come to a conclusion unless we've heard whatever other processor on our systems.

However, you are allowed to make conclusions based on hearing the Outlaw 950 on other systems, based on your extensive expereince with other non-950 products?

How is that fair?

------------------
Philip Hamm

[This message has been edited by Philip Hamm (edited March 31, 2003).]