Ricky-

#2) This is a pointless question as we've already haggled on at HTF. No one is going to trade me the 950 even up for a $3k-$4k processor, so what is the point? There *are* other reasons to own a piece of equipment. In terms of the recent "lack of LFE with DTS-ES" problem the 950 has, I have actually decided that I *would* keep the 950 even if a $3-$4k processor was *given* to me. (I *have* been heavily looking at the B&K.) Know why? Because I really like Outlaw's business model, and their truly excellent customer service. Besides, I am somewhat of a heretic anyway, because I *also* truly believe that a well designed $500 receiver-as-a-pre/pro can compete on sonics alone with $3-$4k processors. I personally do not and have never believed that there are large audio quality differences between quality designed and built electronics. I can create a larger difference in sonics in my system by simply moving my speakers than by swapping pre/pros.

And, I don't know if you realize this or not, but it is actually very common practice in practically any review I've read over the years, that any good piece of eqp *is* compared with those costing a lot more. Just because a component costs more, doesn't automatically mean it will perform any differently.

1) Yamaha DSP-E1000, Yamaha RX-V793 receiver-as-a-pre/pro, Sony TA-E9000ES, Outlaw 950. And I'll also add that I've had Adcom and Nakamichi analog 2 channel preamps as well, so I certainly know what good "sound quality" is.

KevinVision 7.1 ... New and Improved !!