Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#4560 - 03/28/04 11:58 AM no center channel
AlexH Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Greenville, MI
I got out my Styx-Return to Paradise dvd the other day to show a friend. With this dvd my center channel is dead. Now I know it worked before!! Everything else I put in works great. The dvd is in 5.1DD. Anybody else had this problem?

#4561 - 03/28/04 12:51 PM Re: no center channel
JMS Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: NE Ohio
If you're getting the center channel with other recordings then the recording in question might not have that info. I have many SACDs that are only stereo (Sam Cooke) or quad (E Power Biggs) or some other combination. BTW, the Beck SACD, Sea Change is a true, discrete 6 channel recording. State of the art and the music ain't bad either!

Jay

#4562 - 08/14/04 04:11 PM Re: no center channel
AlexH Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Greenville, MI
Well its been awhile, but I finally got a chance to play around with my set up. I went out and bought a new Styx dvd, thinking it was the recording. Unfortunately it had no CC either, so I retuned it. I then took my Styx dvd over to a friends to see if it would work with his system. Center channel work just fine. So I borrowed a dvd player and hook it into my system and there still was no CC. That only leaves the reciever!!! Damn I love the dvd!!
But at least all other dvds work just fine.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 433 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
M.Yu 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,328 Topics
98,694 Posts

Most users ever online: 542 @ Today at 03:13 AM