With all due respect to scott's response, his "interim configuration" does not suffice. I bought this unit to be able to experience the latest formats and now I know that this is not possible. My favorite surround mix of all time is that of gladiator. I have watched that movie more times on my Denon 3802 than any other. Now that I have "upgraded" to the 950, I was hoping to be able to gain even better clarity and channel separation when listening to this wonderful movie. This latest information is really making me regret my purchase. I will be getting the last piece for my HT system this coming week in the form of high quality 5-channel amplifier (this will complete my 7.1 setup) and I now know that I will ne be able to get the full experience of my favorite movie!! I was hoping for better from the outlaws. They had that problem with the hiss/hum which took them months to fix. How long will this take? Am I going to have to send my 950 back for repair/upgrade only to wait weeks for its return? What is the next issue? Are we beta testers or end consumers? All of this should have been worked out in QC.

I am frustrated!!!!!