Quote:
Originally posted by Smart Little Lena:
[i] I am capable of ‘yanking’ an unsatisfactory purchase out of my system. I’ve recently returned one DVD player and one HD STB. (and replaced a brand new 7.1 set of speakers once I desired ‘more’ out of my speakers than I currently was getting) After living with Outlaw products and their CS, (longer than the speakers I replaced) I felt confident with my decision to purchase a second round from Outlaw; I’d have to rate my satisfaction as extremely high.

Dear SLL:

Please share with us your current Speaker configuration...

I seem to remember that you had upgraded to Vienna Acoustics 'Beethoven's for mains and you were considering VA 'Bach's for the surrounds... Is that right?... or has your desire moved you seek another?

I have admired the presentation of the VA Beethoven's at a friends home. Subsequently I have replaced the tweeters of an old pair of B&W 'DM3000' (circa 1985) with the same VA silk dome drivers to bring them into the 21st century. A Wonderful transfiguration.

While I have B&W N803 mains and B&W CDM NT center and surrounds, featuring a metal dome tweeter design;
those old DM 3000's are now alive again with the silk VA tweeters. They are used in a stereo only configuration powered by an old McIntosh Amp with capacitors almost the size of Fosters (the beer) depth charges.

Thank you.

[This message has been edited by AGAssarsson (edited March 02, 2003).]