I am concerned about not moving that much forward beyond the capabilities of a good a/v receiver.
Personally I think it does move quite a bit forward from the Super stores AV receivers I’ve heard, including the entire Marantz line I listened to at a boutique, and most definitely the super receivers (Pioneer/HK/Sony) I’ve heard. Some argue these kinds of generalities are not valid statements, When these opinions are formed without an A/B comparison at home. But there is that commonsense part of me which continues to feel, to a certain extent my ear knows what it likes without bringing it home (or thinks sounds better) or none of us would ever be capable of hearing a competing set of speakers while in a store, and lusting after their sound to the extent of beginning planning our old speakers replacements. .…..before we in-home demo the product. But I haven’t heard a thing that made me waffle on replacing the 950/770. Having an in=-house match myself with the 950 combo with the Outlaw amp, I don’t know if the synergy of the Outlaw separates is better than a 950 paired with other power choices, yet this is my comparison base. I like the 770 over several amps I’ve heard also. I could not tell you whether it affected my high, low or middle end, only that there was a leap in music detail and clarity detected, - over the 3 different amps I heard running the speakers I ultimately purchased.
Several models you mention, I have yet to hear personally but after researching for month’s consumer’s posts about home demo’s and their opinions, factoring tradeoffs of certain features between the unit’s etc. Still feel way ahead on my Outlaw purchase.

I do have a ‘curious’ mind, would rather always hear/see for myself, but on many of these products I have had to base my conclusions on others written words. Thoughtfully considered by me over much time and weighted by many factors. But when the opportunity arose to get a good deal on a second Outlaw system I went that route rather than availing myself of numerous other options. It says a lot that nothing I have heard out and about had stirred me enough to try one of these other options just for the sake of sheer variety (novelty) of owing a different branded second system.

I am capable of ‘yanking’ an unsatisfactory purchase out of my system. I’ve recently returned one DVD player and one HD STB. (and replaced a brand new 7.1 set of speakers once I desired ‘more’ out of my speakers than I currently was getting) After living with Outlaw products and their CS, (longer than the speakers I replaced) I felt confident with my decision to purchase a second round from Outlaw; I’d have to rate my satisfaction as extremely high.

Being fair to Outlaw, I feel they were the only company to put ‘thought’ into the current doublebass quandary as regards DVD-A and SACD. At the time they choose the default setup which would offer the best solution to most average systems in use. They have the only work around, for those who desire dealing with it. They noted the need for the ICBM and reacted when all players had no bass control options. I think Outlaw has proved (on the whole as a company) they are rather more ‘thoughtful’ about bass management than not. And from what I’ve learned about Outlaw in the past year, they will acknowledge and address any issues (like these currently) bending to customer feedback, where and when economically it can be feasibly applied to hit a price point target in their next product.

My bottom line, I don’t think Outlaw can be beat (sound wise). Feature wise (we all have different priorities and preferences what I might accept another might not). By any mid-grade to super receiver on the market. And it comes close enough to that other sky rocket escalation in separates of diminishing returns, to keep me a very happy listener for the conceivable future.

Since Outlaw makes an in-home 30 day demo as uncomplicated and easy on the consumer (to the doorstep) as is feasibly possible. Since this kind of (your ears) demo is not even possible with many choices on the market. With Outlaw NO ONE , has to rely mine (or anyone else’s ) debate abilities.
(just me and my shadow )