wow, some good comments! i have only had my 950 for a month now...and i've been away for 2 weeks of that. audio wise i just can't fault it and my previous pre is a really nice ARC that costs several times the 950 price ... and is 2 channel. (i still had psuedo surround w/ a homemade blackbox to the surrounds) prior to that a solid state adcom 450 which has a tuner. i gotta say...the 950 kicked its butt. with both units i use a small,indoor powered antennia with adjustable gain;with the adcom i used to have to adjust for the non-profit blues, jazz,college,& PBS stations. i also live a mile from the base of stone mountain...a bugger of mho factures (i used ta work on the PBS transmitter up there,also) reflections..refractions...strange burbels..they are all caused by this strange piece of granite here..and the echoing of signal through the low valley that travels over ten miles and hits...the skycrapers of hotlanta. but the 950...i set the ant. gain at mid-point...and that was that..i now have several more stations coming in than before...at least now they are listenable. what gets me is...my sony portable cd/tuner gets half of this ...with no anten. a tall.