Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#44894 - 02/03/03 04:38 PM Re: Happy Birthday, 950!!
Robert A. Fowkes Offline
Gunslinger

Not yet, SLL, but for a very good reason. Last November, when I returned from the cruise, Runco asked if they could wait until December to deliver the CL-700 (which I was able to "trade up" from the CL-500 I won at a very attractive price) because of the limited availablity of this popular model. I told them no problem, especially since I didn't want to have to swap out my SONY VW10HT during the holiday season.

When January came I found out that there was going to be a new Runco model introduced (the CL-710). It was announced at CES 2003 and is a 3rd generation DLP unit with the HD-2 "Mustang chip" and a host of other optical improvements over the HD-1 based ubits. Even though the CL-710 costs more than the CL-700 and won't be available until April or so, Sam Runco graciously said I could upgrade at no additional cost since they had delayed delivery of my original unit. A no brainer if I ever saw one!

So the VW10HT keeps chugging along while I wait for my new projector to be delivered some time in the late spring. My daughter and her family will be the recipient of my trusty old SONY once I make the switch (assuming that the CL-710 blows away the VW10HT - which I fully expect it to do since both are native HD units and the CL-710 is a newer technology.)

So, stay tuned. As soon as something happens I'll be reporting all about it.

Take care.

------------------
RAF

My HT (latest update 04/17/02) Now includes Outlaw 950 and Outlaw 755

[This message has been edited by Robert A Fowkes (edited February 03, 2003).]

My HT - Updated 05/29/07

#44895 - 02/04/03 03:10 AM Re: Happy Birthday, 950!!
merc Offline
Desperado

Loc: Deep in the Woodlands of Texas
Quote:
On the matter of the 950, rather than making excessive comments like I did when I was one of the few people to actually have one of the early 950s I've maintained my position of letting the unit speak for itself, warts and all. I knew that what I was hearing would definitely be worth the wait and I think it's more important to let other owners voice their opinions, pro and con, rather than trying to defend a piece of equipment that was, at one time, in short supply.
All I can add to this statement is .... ditto.
IMO, if RAF says it is... then on hardware he has demoed, you better believe, it is. I do.
merc\'s primary system

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 237 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
M.Yu 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,328 Topics
98,694 Posts

Most users ever online: 542 @ 06/25/24 03:13 AM