Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#44894 - 02/03/03 04:38 PM Re: Happy Birthday, 950!!
Robert A. Fowkes Offline
Gunslinger

Not yet, SLL, but for a very good reason. Last November, when I returned from the cruise, Runco asked if they could wait until December to deliver the CL-700 (which I was able to "trade up" from the CL-500 I won at a very attractive price) because of the limited availablity of this popular model. I told them no problem, especially since I didn't want to have to swap out my SONY VW10HT during the holiday season.

When January came I found out that there was going to be a new Runco model introduced (the CL-710). It was announced at CES 2003 and is a 3rd generation DLP unit with the HD-2 "Mustang chip" and a host of other optical improvements over the HD-1 based ubits. Even though the CL-710 costs more than the CL-700 and won't be available until April or so, Sam Runco graciously said I could upgrade at no additional cost since they had delayed delivery of my original unit. A no brainer if I ever saw one!

So the VW10HT keeps chugging along while I wait for my new projector to be delivered some time in the late spring. My daughter and her family will be the recipient of my trusty old SONY once I make the switch (assuming that the CL-710 blows away the VW10HT - which I fully expect it to do since both are native HD units and the CL-710 is a newer technology.)

So, stay tuned. As soon as something happens I'll be reporting all about it.

Take care.

------------------
RAF

My HT (latest update 04/17/02) Now includes Outlaw 950 and Outlaw 755

[This message has been edited by Robert A Fowkes (edited February 03, 2003).]

My HT - Updated 05/29/07

#44895 - 02/04/03 03:10 AM Re: Happy Birthday, 950!!
merc Offline
Desperado

Loc: Deep in the Woodlands of Texas
Quote:
On the matter of the 950, rather than making excessive comments like I did when I was one of the few people to actually have one of the early 950s I've maintained my position of letting the unit speak for itself, warts and all. I knew that what I was hearing would definitely be worth the wait and I think it's more important to let other owners voice their opinions, pro and con, rather than trying to defend a piece of equipment that was, at one time, in short supply.
All I can add to this statement is .... ditto.
IMO, if RAF says it is... then on hardware he has demoed, you better believe, it is. I do.
merc\'s primary system

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 227 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM