Bosso:

Great to hear you've come up with a good way to inject some sanity into the BassMismanagement problem.

As for me, I'm pretty satisfied with the current setup I have, which just treats the front left and rights as extremely full range speakers. No matter what I throw at them, the bass will come through in proper proportion, and in stereo, with the subs right next to the mains.

I do agree with that article that the current LFE is kind of a bad fit into the current reality of DVD-A and SACD formats. Personally, I don't see that it is a great idea to have a seperate channel for the bass anyway: would you want to put your tweeters in a seperate location from your main speakers? I know that this is a silly example, but in a way it points to the fundamental problem. The bass should be coming from the same physical space as the rest of the spectrum, and the best way to do this is to have full range speakers.

After all, in the two channel days, there wasn't a huge cry of agony that the bass was somehow insuffient with the speakers available at the time. I think a lot of the problem now is that the WAF would be prohibitive to 5 big speakers in the living room.

I think there really needs to be some universal solution that will work with the average home theater / multi-channel audio setup (there's no hope for crazies like myself). It sure would be nice if yours is that solution