Okay, a few more finds between 2 channel analog bypass and 6 channel analog bypass. On 2 ch. bypass, there is no adjusting of the main speaker trim levels individually, only a balance adjustment in the Tone controls. However, the Speaker level trim visual will change as will the tone controls visual, but the only real adjustment available is the balance, and of course the volume. All of this, I already realized.

However, on 6 ch. bypass, all the adjustments are available and also usable, except now the balance control disappears. Of course, it's really not needed now because you can adjust each speaker individually with the trim controls.

My question is this. Is the 6 channel bypass a TRUE bypass? Because, it seems quite differently handled by the 950 and the sound is much different from the 2 channel bypass. Much wider soundstage to me.

Lets hear some thoughts on this please.

Forgot to mention, I changed the sub phase and it sounded much cleaner on the low end with the 6 channel bypass. I can only change mine 180 degrees at a time.

[This message has been edited by Sdwinder (edited January 23, 2003).]