Right, no double bass with the large speaker setting. I presume that you'd want to turn the sub off (in the 950), although I don't know if that matters.

Quote:
Are the double-bass and Sub phase issues addressable by the Outlaws through future firmware or is it a hardware issue?

That I don't know. Never asked directly. I use the 80 Hz analog x-over, and digital connections for DD/DTS/CD so I never get double bass. As far as the phase, I just change the knob on my sub. I'd *bet* at least one of those will be taken care of in the 950 Mk II, if one ever appears...

I only use the 6 channel bypass for DVD-A and SACD. The DACs in the 950 are "good enough" for me for everything else.

And yes, if you have a stereo source, and you use 6 channel bypass, you only get output through the 2 speakers. (Or the mains and the sub, if crossed over.) For me, it's even simpler. I have a 2 channel amp plus a 5 channel amp to get 7.1. For the vast majority of my listening, I only ever need the 2 channel amp powered on.

KevinVision 7.1 ... New and Improved !!