Does anyone believe that part of the Outlaw mystique is that of: "astetics be damned, we are about the sound"? Seems to me that the Outlaw newsletters tended to imply that the sound was all that was important.

I was just noticing the Outlaw add in Home theater magazine. Compared to other products, the Outlaw 950 and 770 did look "less elegent". An Adcom amp a few pages prior had a more refined faceplate, come LEDs and a black power button. Would someone buy the Adcom over the 770 because of the appearance? Maybe so.

I think the Aragon amps look cool, but am not willing to pay big bucks for one.

The Denon 3802 stuffed in my rack has a nice finish and nice feeling knobs. (Not that I feel the knobs very often ) The buttons are cheap feeling though. That goes for the Panasonic RP-82 DVD player. The buttons are cheap feeling on it as well.

I think most well informed purchasers place price and performance at top of priorities. Seems to me Outlaw is targeted at the well informed crowd and is trying to hit the niche of low price/high performance. Even so, I say, put some nice aluminum knobs on your products. I like nice feeling knobs.

mj