Thanks for the replies.

Quote:
Originally posted by soundhound:
[B]Many popular stereo recordings are intentionally mixed with most insturments and vocals coming equally from both channels - mostly 'dual mono' with just 'sprinklings' of some instruments coming from either the left only or right only. B]

This is what I am asking about. Maybe a hole in the middle is not exactly the correct way to put it. It is more like the instrument is smeared across both speakers and you hear it on both the left and right sides rather than pinpointing it in one location. And "dual-mono" is what it sounds like. With the DVD-A recordings I can pinpoint where an instrument is without any smearing.

Quote:
I agree with will though, in needing to know which recording(s) you're talking about.B]

Ouch Will, I actually don't have any specific titles off the cuff, will have to make notes and get back on that...

Speakers are Diva 4.1s up front with an SVS 20-39 crossed over at 100Hz. I know these are not high end, but ya gotta start somewhere. I am using a Panny RP-82.

I am still wondering if the output of the RP-82 is passed through without any processing?

Thanks

------------------
No matter where you go, there you are.

mj

mj