Quote:
Originally posted by Philip Hamm:
[QUOTE]Doing the jp1 thing would probably have taken less time than you've already spent messing around with the 950 remote, and that includes 10 minutes to solder the header into the remote and 2 minutes to download the IR software. Considering that I've read some of the FAQ, downloaded some software, and already spent hours starting to get a handle on JP1 I'd say you're wrong there.

Hi Phil,
I was also put off by the FAQ, and you can make things as complicated as you want, but I found it surprisingly easy to get it working. I was on my way to re-discovering how to program the codes for the 950 (which are very similar to the ones for the 1050) when Ellen came to the rescue and sent me the file with all the button definitions for the Cinema 7 remote (which can be easily converted to any other JP1 compatible remote). Since you only need the cable, you could consider this place which sells them for $18 (with shipping): Hovis . There's a more readable JP1 introduction there as well. JP1 for beginners

[This message has been edited by tofufot (edited January 14, 2003).]