Having read the HT review of the Atlantic P-2000 (or whatever its designation is), I recognized the piece of equipment as a 950 clone. At the time I did not know that Atlantic is one of the companies involved w/ the Outlaw Audio group. And now I've learned that Sherbourne is the other group. In any case, reading the Atlantic review, I leaned even more towards getting the 950 with one of the amps than I had before. I did compare the HT pictures to those that I d/led from Outlaw: both the front and rear panels were exactly the same (and hence my conclusion).

Now that I've also read the Perfect Revision's review of the 950/ amp combo, I'm now definitely going to pick up the pair. I'll probably stick to the 5 channel amp, tho, simple because I don't see a time when I'll have a place that will justify the 7.1 setup. As it is, 5.1 will be a stretch. Basically, the two reviews combined have ensured that the Outlaw setup is what I'm going with. I was considering any HT Receiver unit by the traditional players (Pioneer, Sony, Onkyo, Devon, etc.), but the price difference for separates is negligible as a result of the quality of the Outlaw products. And, if I remember correctly, the HT review of the Atlantic only gave one score in the high 80s for the Atlantic -- and I thought it was for layout or ease of use or something like that. Just adding my 2 cents worth to the discussion.