Thanks for the comments everyone (Soundhound especially). I tend to agree that any differences have got to be minimal.

If Soundhound claims Outlaw's assembly would be hard to improve on then I'm sure it would more than exceed my expectations.

I can't blame my dealer too much if some of his comments were a bit misleading. You've got to admit Outlaws approach to marketing has got to be a nightmare for dealers. He did not trash Outlaw products. He did make a blanket referral to directly marketed goods as being inherently inferior which I knew was utter fallacy. In actuality I took his assessment of the AT as a quasi-endorsement of Outlaw's 950.

I do remember reading about some chip or chipset the AT featured which might allow some future sound process format upgrading. They were quick to point out that this was only a theoretical upgrade path depending upon the nature of future format releases? I'm sorry I can't remember the specifics only that it was some sort of "potential" avenue. Does anyone know what I'm referring to. Maybe the Outlaw has it also.

At the very least I do think I will listen to the AT before I make my decision. I like the idea of having a local certified rep for service if the need arises and his 90 days same as cash policy might just let me keep my credit card paided off. That considered along with no shipping charges and the economic gap really starts to shrink.

My biggest concern really is wether the AT has the bugs worked out of it the like Outlaw
does. Last thing I need is a "buggy" unit for my first pre/pro.

Mike