Quote:
Originally posted by Ellen:

soundhound, just out of curiosity, what is the non-traditional bassmanagement that you use?

I don't use it at all. I have tri-amped front speakers crossed over with an electronic crossover at 1200Hz (4th order Linkwitz Riley) and at 60Hz (2nd order Butterworth low pass only to the subs). The LFE gets mixed in with the main left and right feeds by selecting "no subwoofer" in the 950. I use four 18" subs, two per side, in stereo.

I use this setup because my system has several signal paths, one being through a mixing console, and I need the use of the subs on everything. I like stereo subs because there is low frequency content on things like pipe organ recordings, and the general low frequency 'ambience' in the recording site that I would rather have mix acoustically in my room, and not electronically to mono. Case in point: spaced omnidirectional mikes in large recording venues - low frequency sources to one side reach the near side mike before the far side mike. The delay could be the better part of a wavelength at say, 30Hz.

[This message has been edited by soundhound (edited January 05, 2003).]